These interactive, on-line classes are designed for parents expecting more than one baby, however parents having singletons are welcome too.
The 10-hour class that prepares parents for birthing and caring for two or more little ones.
The classes focus on explaining what to expect in birth, choices within childbirth, and the first six weeks postpartum.
The weekly on-line video content is accompanied by a live, interactive webinar with instructor, Rebecca Serroul.
- preparing for a multiple birth
- preterm labour
- birthing options
- comfort measures in labour and delivery
- postpartum adjustments
- breast- and formula-feeding
- basic baby care
Partners and other support people are strongly encouraged to participate.
Why On-line CBE classes:
Our on-line interactive CBE classes are accessible from around the world although geared toward those birthing in the United States and Canada. The classes are convenient and fit your lifestyle. Reasons to take an on-line class:
- On bed rest
- CBE classes for multiples are not available in your area
- One or both parents have a busy schedule or travel and are unable to attend regular classes
- You would like to take an additional class to enhance your knowledge and preparation
- Illness or fatigue prevent you from regular class attendance
- Can’t find a class that fits your schedule
Our classes contain pre-recorded content as well as live interactive webinars where you can share, discuss, and ask questions. These classes will be recorded also so if you miss a class you can always listen to the recording. If you know you will not be able to attend live, you can send in your questions in advance of the class.
Class One: Getting ready for labour and signs of labour.
- Preparing for Labour
- Signs of Preterm Labour
- Risks of having Preterm Babies
- Signs of Labour
- When to call your midwife or go to your hospital
- Homework and Resource list for this class
Class Two: Vaginal Labour and Delivery of Multiples
Stages of labour:
1st stage: Labour
- Latent Phase
- Active Phase
- Transition Phase
2nd Stage: Delivery
3rd Stage: Placenta
- Delivery of the Placenta(s)
4th Stage: first 15 weeks postpartum
- Also known as direct postpartum period
Class Three: Coping in a Vaginal Delivery and Cesarean Deliveries
- Pain Medications used in labour
- Induction Medications used in labour
- Natural coping measures
- Natural ways to ease back pain in labour
- Natural ways to induce labour
- Cesarean Deliveries of Multiples
- Fear Release, affirmations, positive self-talk, encouragement,
Class Four: Feeding your babies
- Why Breastfeed?
- Why do people not breastfeeding?
- What is a good latch, how to tell the babies are getting enough.
- How to breastfeed two or more.
- Using other aids to help with breastfeeding
- Formula feeding
Class Five: Baby Care and Mother Care
- What to expect for mums in the first 6 weeks
- When to contact a care provider?
- Basic baby care
- Bathing and swaddling
- Baby wearing
- How to make the first 6 weeks easier